Thursday, September 14, 2006

Goodbye, old friend.



While searching Craigslist for building materials, I happened upon a guy selling a guitar that I've always wanted. I've always been content with my guitars. The only thing is that neither has a Bigsby (whammy bar), but I don't necessarily have the funds or the motivation to buy one and have it attached to either guitar. So I simply asked this guy if he would trade. I went out to the city last night and we swapped the SG for his guitar.

Now, I'm not super sentimental about my guitars. They are just expensive paintbrushes. A painter remembers his art, not his brushes. And the art I made with this guitar is precious. The upper right is a picture of me with my SG recording "We Frequent the Sky, Maurice" (click to listen) with Til Seven in 98/99, which has the ballsiest guitar sound ever made by anyone! Also the things I did and places I went with this guitar are what I'll remember. Above at the left is a pic of me with the SG playing at the Troubador in Hollywood in maybe 2000. Bought it in 96 or 97, so we've had 10 great years.

Happy trails, good buddy.........

So, introducing: my new Gretsch Electromatic Duo Jet (Pro Jet)!

2 comments:

Erin said...

the links aren't working for me, Pete....and i really want to hear them!

pETE said...

The mp3 link should be working now. If not, just click on the til seven link and go to "merch". You'll find the original mp3 file there.