Wednesday, October 04, 2006

New Pernice Bro.s Record Out



I got my Pernice Brothers CD in the mail yesterday PLUS my special fanboy pre-order bonus CD that was hand screenprinted and hand signed by Joe Pernice. On my sleeve the screenprinting was a little smeared and next to the smear he wrote"(shakey hand)". It's gonna be our little nest egg when I sell it for a million bucks on ebay. Not really. The Bonus CD is alternate mixes and demos. I thought the demos would be, like most, Joe with an acoustic guitar singing the songs into a 4track. The 4track part is correct, but it's a weird drum machine, a lot of electric guitars, and him just singing, "Da tee dum dum daaaah" through all of each song. So weird. I was kind of pissed. The alternate mixes are OK. They are mostly just the band pulled out of the mixes so it is just Joe, piano, and the orchestra. Also- they gave me hella stickers in my order! Dissapointed with the bonus fanclub disc, but the sleeve is pretty cool. I can feel your jealosy.

The album is pretty good. Not their best. Need more time with it. For now, here's a cool video for their single. It's kinda funny:

No comments: