Monday, November 13, 2006

Headphones

These kinda headphones that come with the ipod are serious crap. Mine were always super quiet, distorted when the music was bassy, and stopped working at the drop of a hat. So I went to my local Walgreens and bought some cheapies for $9.99 and they're spectacular! They openned up a whole new world to me! Super full sound, can go way louder that the ipod ones, and they don't fall out or feel like they're half-way in your ear. I know I shouldn't crank the volume way up, but let's face it, when riding my bizz-nike to work and listening to All Songs Considered or This American Life, Bob Boilen and Ira Glass don't exactly have those razor radio voices and they can't compete with Dwight/San Pablo traffic. I even was able to play the drums along to a whole Son Volt album- something I could've never heard over the drums with the ipod headphones. I'd rather have a pair of my cheapies than ten thousand ipod ones.

No comments: