Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Elected

In a comment from another post, Ch mentioned I might like the new Jenny Lewis record. Jenny Lewis is the frontwoman of indie darlings / LA hipsters / former child actors Rilo Kiley. And while I have heard some cuts of the Lewis record, I've been really into the side project of the other songwriter/former child star in Rilo Kiley- Blake Senate. His band: The Elected. The Album: "Sun, Sun, Sun". Pretty good. $2.95 at Amoeba. There's one song that will be on all the mix tapes I make this year called "Did Me Good" and it's fantastic.


The Elected's "Not Going Home"


some Jenny Lewis on a kids show

1 comment:

chrissy said...

Yo PG...i didn't even realize The Elected/Rilo Kiley connection! The triple sun album is a gem, i agree. I saw Jenny Lewis at the Herbst theatre about a month ago, which i'd never been to. Great venue. She rocked (even if she was once that pony-tailed pre-teen in Troop Beverly Hills...)