Wednesday, October 08, 2008

TV (netflix) Recommendation

A lot of my friends like the WIRE and/or MAD MEN and I wanted to precommend this show called Flight of the Conchords because it shares actors from the aforementioned shows.

Kristen Schaal plays a telephone dispatch person on Mad Men, but also plays Mel, the band's stalker and only fan on Flight of the Conchords.
David Costabile plays a newspaper editor on the Wire, but first played Doug, Mel's husband, on Flight of the Conchords.
It's pretty much like a mix between Mad Men and Wire.

2 comments:

Leiflet said...

We're 90% through Flight of the Conchords. As you can imagine, i totally love it. I feel like my life will burst into a music video on most days, especially now after i started making up songs to sing to Soren.

chrissy said...

Yes!! The FofC are awesome. I have a co-worker who's memorized pretty much every song.

Hey Pete! I think you should check out Jenny Lewis' new album, Acid Tongue. I'm curious to see if you'll like it. I can't think of any fancy adjectives at the moment, but i think it rocks and is really beautiful. :]