Thursday, May 17, 2007

Bob Boilen

I've seen celebrity auctions on Ebay like, "Have tea with Nelson Mandela!" and I like to make up my own twists on that. I think if they had an auction where the winner gets to "Cuddle with Bob Boilen" then I would bid.

Bob is great and his NPR program, All Songs Considered is wonderful. Boilen introduces the listener to music of all kinds in way that people from any musical background can understand, but he gets in-depth and technical and personal and real. I wait all week for the podcast to download.

His voice has a quality that is authentic, yet authoritative and somehow adorable all at the same time. Love ya, Bob. I'm a big fan.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i subscribed yesterday to this podcast and did not like the one i got, but today i got into work and there was a new one, i gave it a go and I LOVE IT today. of course it's a death cab for cutie concert...i think. but perhaps i will broaden my musical horizons...thanks pete.

pETE said...

That's good. The concerts are ah'ight. I mostly just like it when Bob chats about music and plays a clip and talks some more.

I think the concerts should be a separate podcast because they're nothing like Bob sitting down and doing his thing.

Unknown said...

pete listening to it right now, it's a chat session w/ some other folks...super cool you just listen to people who are super into music discuss it and say i like this i like that i hate that...awesome.