Friday, August 24, 2007

Nothing Feels Good

Seems crazy, but 2007 marks the 10th anniversary of one of the BEST RECORDS EVER MADE.

"Nothing Feels Good" by the Promise Ring, 1997

Feels like yesterday. This record blew my mind and was extremely formative as a creative person and just as a human also. I remember reading about it in some straightedge zines and indierock zines (in print) that a friend gave me. And I bought the CD and I gobbled it up. Paul even had the limmited edition red vinyl version. I don't know that I had a friend in the late 90s who didn't own this record. It was special to us. I was 19 years old and we were indestructable and totally fragile at once.

Still a great record today. Was blasting it on my way to work when I realized it has been 10 years and I felt old.

"Spent afternoons
Spent afternoons
Measuring time in spoons."

1 comment:

jillyg said...

long ago, but at least you can still remember it. that's a good sign.