Tuesday, June 03, 2008

The Death of Vinyl

Last week I sold all my vinyl.

Despite the market analysts saying that the CD will soon be invalid and totally replaced by digital files rather than hard copies and even outlived by the vinyl LP, which is becoming a more sought after commodity than ever, I remain faithful to the CD.

Since I moved to Berkeley like six years ago, I haven't owned a record player. All my rare and treasured collection of punk and indie LPs and 7 inches have been cooped up in a cardboard box. Lately I haven't had the budget for CDs the way I have in the past and concluded to trade in the vinyl at Amoeba Records. They offered me a measly sum in trade, but I took it anyway and quickly spent it on those shiny silicon discs that I love.

More reviews in store!

1 comment:

doc rogers said...

hey pete, your blog seems to be linking to mine (i think it's the picture). I like that though, gives me a chance to catch up on new (to me) blogs ... like what you're doing. By the way we share the same first name but i post as doc rogers ... on www.knitwareblog.com ... anyway just wanted to say hi.

doc