Sunday, June 29, 2008

No, I don't work here.

I don't know if this happens to you, but on an extremely regular basis I am approached by fellow shoppers while I'm minding my own business- doing my own shopping, and am mistaken for a store employee and asked for assistance. This happens at a variety of stores; some you'd expect and some you wouldn't.

Sometimes I am asked, "Do you work here?" and sometimes the costumer just makes their request known from the get-go, like "Where would I find Van Halen?" or "Can you have the forklift guys bring down another pallet of two-by-tens?" and "Do you know you're all out of the organic cran-raspberry juice?" ....to which I often reply simply, "Sorry, I don't work here." But the truth is, I usually can answer their question and if I'm in the right mood I just help them out without saying anything about not really being employed there.

No comments: