Thursday, August 03, 2006

Fallen Angel

Originally Posted 7/22

When I woke up today I put that new Gram Parsons movie in. That guy just wasn't that great.

Sorry, I wanted to watch it because both Parsons and Townes Van Zandt (see earlier posting about Townes with link to one of the coolest songs ever!) are folks that people tried to turn me onto a while ago and I "just didn't get it", but when I watched that Townes documentary I "got it" and got really into it. So I wanted to see if that happened the same with Gram Parsons. Side note: I think I got a CD or double CD of GP at the public Library when I was living in Hayward and didn't like. Anyway, I did not get into Gram the way I got into Townes.

The doc sucked. Boring. Good thing the guy discovered Emmy Lou, because he sucked on his own. I'll give him that- thanks for giving us Emmylou Harris. All his music just seems half-ass, but I really like his fashion stizzyle.

No comments: