Friday, August 04, 2006

Hold On, Magnolia

"Punk rock was my first girl
She left me a scar, so I have her still

She's not young, but she's not old yet
We share the same sun, but hers never sets"

I listened to Beulah's (link to band website) entire cataalog yesterday while working and those few lines from the song "Silver Lining" have always rang true with me. A lot of us found punk rock because it was the only thing we felt like we were good at at that time in our youth. It was nicer to us than girls were.


Can't wait to see MAGNOLIA ELECTRIC COMPANY with my brother tonight!
Here's a live clip of them doing "At Least the Dark Don't Hide It".


Here's a fan video of the song "Hold On Magnolia" with a smash-up car derby.

Here's Songs: Ohia's (Jason Molina solo) music video of "Back on Top".


HOLY CRAP! IT'S GONNA BE GREAT!

No comments: