Thursday, August 03, 2006

Waiting Around To Die

Originally posted 7/09

Oh man, if anybody actually reads this blog besides myself, they should watch this entire clip.

Also, I'm reading Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy. Sorta can't believe that I'm gonna read another by him. This is by far his most violent. And probably the second most violent thing I ever read. But I think what I'm drawn to is this visual, like, old west "circus" type image that's always in my head. You know. He's so vague. Most of the time his writing is just a skeleton, not much description, yet, I always have this sort of creepy circus visuals in my head. You know, indians with top hats ....or.... Gypsy caravans full of Asian Mormons, or something, who are going through high desert eating their own mules as they go. I read his books and I think, man I wish I could write a song the way he writes a book.

No comments: